WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Welcome to the Web site for the Maryland & Washington, DC Beverage Journals, www.beveragejournalinc.com. This Site is owned by Beverage Journal, Inc. Here at the Beverage Journal we recognize that many visitors to our Web site are concerned about the information that they provide to us or that may be collected, and how we treat that information. In order to address those concerns we have developed this Web site Privacy Statement.
A. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
At this Web site, we may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personal information from you.
1. Personally identifiable information. You don't have to provide us with your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) in order to read much of what's posted on this Site. We may, however, collect personally identifiable information about you when you submit comments in response to one of our stories, sign up to receive information from us, open an account with us, submit a letter to the [editor / station] through the Site, enter a contest, respond to a survey, make a forum submission, email us, purchase something through the Site, or at times in which we alert you that you must submit personally identifiable information. Without this information, we would not be able to respond to your inquiries, entries and requests.
2. Non-personal information. Non-personal information, such as which pages on the Site are accessed, what information is downloaded, what type of browser and operating system are being used, which Internet service provider is being used, and other information of this general type may be collected about visitors to the Site. This information does not allow us to personally identify the Site visitor. By collecting this information we learn how best to develop our Web site to meet the needs and desires of our visitors.
B. METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personally identifiable information is collected when submitted by you -- such as when you sign up for an account with us or when you send us an email. Personally identifiable information may also be collected when you include it as part of a comment, letter, forum submission or blog entry that you submit to us. Non-personal information may be collected via "cookies" (small text files placed on your computer's hard drive), "web beacons" or other technology.
C. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Personally identifiable information. If you sign up for an account with us (which is required in order to make certain submissions), then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account and to correspond with you. We may also use it to send you materials that we think would be of interest to you. We DO NOT provide your personally identifiable information to advertisers or others. If you enter one of our contests, then we may use your personally identifiable information for purposes of the contest (such as to notify you if you win) and/or in accordance with the contest rules. We may publish information concerning the winner of the contest, and/or for any other lawful purposes. If you email us, submit a letter to us, or ask to be placed on a mailing list that we maintain, then we may contact you and send information to you. If you register to purchase merchandise through this Web site, then we may use your personally identifiable information to maintain your account and/or process your order. If we receive your personally identifiable information from a third party service provider, then we may use the information to contact you and to assist in performing the service for which you have registered with the third party. In addition to the uses listed above, we may use your personally identifiable information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical Web site usage analysis, and/or to improve the features and content of this Web site. We may also use your personally identifiable information to assist in delivery of content that is customized to your interests. We do not collect personally identifiable information on an automatic basis, but we may combine non-personal information (which may be automatically collected) with your previously submitted personally identifiable information. We may also use your personally identifiable information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
2. Non-personal information. We may use your non-personal information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, as part of a statistical Web site usage analysis, to improve the features and content of this Web site, and/or for other purposes to assist our business. We may share such information with advertisers and other third parties, typically in the aggregate. We may also use your non-personal information as set forth elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
3. Links from the Site to advertisers and other third parties. Please be aware that the Beverage Journal advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers and other third parties accessible through the Site (such as via links from this Site and/or framed on this Site) may have their own privacy practices. Beverage Journal is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them. These third parties may provide the personally identifiable information that they collect to Beverage Journal and may also use the information in accordance with their own privacy practices. Financial institutions, such as those which process credit card orders, are subject to federal privacy laws.
4. Other third parties. During the course of its business, Beverage Journal uses third party service providers, such as lawyers and accountants, to perform a variety of functions. In some instances, Beverage Journal may need to provide personal and/or non-personal information about you to such third parties. However, all third party service providers which are not linked from the Site are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for which they were selected to work with Beverage Journal.
5. Public forum. If you submit a comment, personal ad, email, blog entry, forum entry, or similar submission, the information in your submission may be published to the general public. Please exercise caution when making such submissions. Please note that most such submissions are not reviewed prior to publication. We will not be responsible to read, respond to, or perform in accordance with any requests for privacy or confidentiality that are included with the submission or at any time.
D. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or Site, nor can we guarantee that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In order to use some of the features of this Site, you may be required to create an account with us. For your protection, this account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar security measure. If you believe that your password or email address has been compromised, you should change your account with us immediately. If you forget your password, follow the instructions on the login page.
Beverage Journal does not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of 21 through this Site. If you are under the age of 21 exit this Site immediately.
F. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND "OPT OUT" PROCEDURES
H. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time, so we encourage you to check back with every visit to the Site. If you do not agree to one or more of the changes, you may choose to "opt out," using the procedures set forth above. Once the change has been made, all information collected by the Site before or after the change will be subject to the new terms of the Privacy Statement. The current version of this Privacy Statement is effective February 22, 2013.
Web Site by Vansant Creations Web Development
Website by Vansant Creations Web Development Annapolis, MD